Sunday, August 26, 2012

Happy Birthday to me!!! PCC #4

My Birthday week is officially over and as all good intentions go, I had intended to post this card on my Birthday last Wednesday but the time just kept ticking away and I never got it posted.  I did get my card made though and that was an accomplishment.  As the saying goes better late than never...right?  The week was so busy as we have 3 Birthdays in a row starting from August 21st to the 23rd.  Mine is in the middle right before my son's and well I spent my birthday getting ready for his as it has been since the day he was born.  So let me show you my card I really think it turned out quite lovely.  I CASEd the elements and colors from Joanna Munster here I really loved her card, I just changed it to use the layout for Paper Craft Crew Challenge #4 

I love how it turned out.  I even got out my machine and did some sewing on the card.  I haven't done that in a long time.  I love the look of machine stitching on cards!  I'm going to have to do it more often.  Here is what I used:
Create a Cupcake stamp set and Builder Punch
Base is Naturals White
Layer Crumb Cake
Layer First Edition
Subtles DSP
Blue from the Festival of Print Holiday Catalog
Ink Early Espresso and Pink Pirouette
The ribbon on the cupcake is embossed with Melon Mambo EP
Pearls
Linen Thread
Lace Ribbon
Tag Punch (just stuck the end in so it would be a tad longer)
 
Create a Cupcake is one of those sets you will want to keep forever.  I might put it away for awhile but I always come back to it for a cute card in a pinch.  This card would have worked just as well without the machine stitching but I think it adds that extra touch that will set it apart and make the recipient want to keep it forever.  I hope you like my Birthday card!!  until next time, that's what it's all about...
 
 

2 comments:

Christyne said...

Your little cupcake is SO cute! Thanks for joining us at Paper Craft Crew!

Glenda Calkins said...

Very Pretty! I love all the little details on this card. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Craft Crew.