Sunday, August 5, 2012

2012 Convention Better Late than Never...

Ok so it's been 3 weeks since convention and I am just getting around to posting about it.  This was my second Stampin' Up! Convention and I was not dissapointed in the least.  Again this year I rented a house and invited 7 strangers and one returnee to share the cost.  It was a great time and I met some great friends from Oregon to Florida and a few states in between.  This year's experience was all I had expected it to be.  We stamped the night away, every night...well mostly because I didn't finish my swaps and the girls pitched in to help me out.    I was so grateful for my new friends help I was able to finish all 120 of them on time, and got to swap to my hearts content.  Here is one of the swap cards that I created for convention.  I wish I could take better pictures of them though...



This card was made using Fabulous You. The card base is Basic Black.  The shoe is stamped on the yellow paper from Floral District DSP and layered on Whisper White with scalloped layers of So Saffron, Daffodil Delight, Basic Grey, and Basic Black.  I cut the sentiment in half and used the first part for the outside and the rest for the inside.  I faux bowed it with Whisper Whit satin organza ribbon and blinged up the shoe with some jewels.  I love how the card turned out. 
Here are some other pics from convention...

Sara, Shelli's daughter.  Love her!


Shannon West dressed for Halloween!  My favorite holiday!The cute little bag she demonstrated!


My housemates Angela and Nicole with Shelli!  Nicole won the Twitter contest for an opportunity to go backstage during the last general session.  Here she is getting a pic with Shelli to tweet.  She was so good at it even the Utah newspaper started following her tweets!

Finally a picture of me in front of the stage.  Great Stage props!
Oh I almost forgot the great card samples and inspiration...Amazing Stampin' Up! talent!
So there's a peek into my convention experience.  I am definately going next year for Stampin' Up! 25th Anniversary!  Can't wait to share that one for sure...and that's what it's all about. 

0 comments: